Sunday, February 12, 2012

The end of the transfer... Well, it is time to write another letter home!

Well, hello there everyone! It has been a crazy week here in 대한민국 I have been busy and it has just been an all around better week than last! I have had a really good week this week that was capped by an awesome Sunday full of surprises and an awesome miracle. 

So yes, I wanted to talk about an experience that I had this week and the realization that I am continually having every time I actually take some time to think/say/write what has happened to me in the past....

So on Thursday, me and Elder Carter were out doing some 전도 and we were going and going and going and I met this guy.... We got to talking and everything and it was probably the best street lesson that I have ever taught. I loved it so much, the guy was asking questions and I got to just teach and it was a great experience. I ended up talking to him about the 몰몬경 and how it has been a blessing in my life. We talked and I offered him one and he accepted it. As we were kinda saying our goodbyes however I had been noticing that as we had been talking that he was just absolutely FREEZING! Oh my goodness this man was COLD. So I handed him the book of mormon and then since I was wearing a pair of just warm little gloves (not the ones that you bought me at Mr. Mac, Mom, I already lost one of those) but the thought crossed my mind that I could not give a man who looked as cold as he was a Book of Mormon when he can't even put his hands in his pockets to keep him warm if I do. SO the only thing I could think of was to give him my gloves as well. So I did. It was one of the warmest feelings of my mission to watch this cold man go take a Book of Mormon and  put on my gloves and walk away with it in hand. I don't know why, I probably won't even seen him again, but that brought up something that I really decided I need to work on. Love.

As I went home that night I just could not get my mind off of that man. I wanted him to call so BAD, I wanted him to read the Book of Mormon and be Baptized SO BAD. I just couldn't stand it! And that's when it hit me: I need to love EVERYONE like that. I love the scripture in Moroni 7 where it talks about "Charity never faileth" If I loved every single person that I met on the street (the ones that I talk to and the ones who say they are "Busy") if I loved every single person who I 가가호호'ed like that.... how great would be my joy if I did find that one. That one person out of the 55000000 people who are here that is willing to listen to this message. 

This not only applies in my life here out on the mission but afterwards. We are all Brothers and Sisters. God has put us here on the earth to learn and grow and how on earth am I supposed to grow if I can't show that love that I so desperately crave to others. How am I supposed to say to someone on the street here "I know this message will make you happier" and have them feel that sincerity if I don't ACTUALLY love them. It is a hard thing love. It is something that we have to try and get EVERY DAY. It says in Moroni (and PMG) "Pray unto the Father with all energy of heart that ye might be filled with his love"... 

I know that I'm not perfect at all (in fact I am not even approaching that) but the fact of the matter is that If I am willing to give all that I am in the service of someone I care about (be it family, friends, coworkers, investigators, whoever) then how much better my life will be. How much better the relationships we have with those around us. It just all hit me.

Then also on Sunday, Sister Bush (one of the sisters who is finishing her mission this week) gave a talk on Charity and Love in sacrament meeting that just reinforced that point. I need to love more. I have to let that become who I am now as a missionary and that is something that will serve me for the rest of my life. I need it!

SO ya, that is my random rant on the things that I learned during the week thing... :) It was a crazy day today. We played some Soccer in the morning (I have some awesome injuries from soccer, you should see my knee these days). Then we got transfer calls! And I'm on the move again! WAHHH!H!!!!HH!!!! I know right? I will be in the same zone but I am moving down to 편택 [Pyeongtaek]. I will be with Elder Scoville who is going senior this transfer so that'll be nuts! I am going to be serving in a ward and in a branch. The ward is a Korean ward but down in 편택 there is an American military branch that I will be serving in. So, long story short, my weight gain (which of late has stabilized at 84-85 kg) will explode and I will be a fatty in about 6 weeks. But ya. It has been crazy to server here in 신풍 with Elder Carter we have had a lot of fun and have worked hard. I am excited for the future but am grateful for the success that I have seen so far.

So I said that there was an awesome cap to last week and I will tell you that to wrap things up. We have this investigator named Tiako (최봉림/최용봉) who is a Chinese guy (hence the 3 names) and ya, he is way cool. He came to church on Sunday (he comes when he can get off work) and we got to meet with him during priesthood meeting. We had an awesome discussion and in the course of the lesson he accepted the commitment to be baptized! Not only that but we set a date with him too! So on 3/11 he will be baptized (providing he doesn't have work and Elder Carter and his new greenie can meet enough between now and then to get all the lessons in and get him prepared). It was an awesome cap to the week and ya!

I want ya'll to remember something. God lives, and he loves us. He is our Father and like any Father he will guide us as we seek his guidance. Believe me if anyone doesn't deserve it (his guidance) it's me. But he is even willing to guide me and help me overcome the things that I am going through. How much more will he guide all of you :). I love you all, from the bottom of my heart. I frequently think about the person I would be without you and I am scared to even think where I would be. I am so grateful. I love you :)

Take care of yourselves and know that this is true!
Elder Josh Crowther

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry Josh. It is ask about love. Thank you for sharing. I love you boy.

    ReplyDelete