Sunday, February 26, 2012

화이팅! 나는 바로크라우더 장로다! 와!

Hey all, how we all doing at home!?

(Mom can you please forward this email to: .........; I recently decided to work on obedience a little more so if you could forward this email their way since I'm not technically supposed to I would be appreciative!)

It sounds like things are winding down in the Crowther home a little bit and that is pretty wild I have got to say. It is always a sad time of life when basketball season comes to an end! :'( But it sounds like the girls are doing way good! Alissa, it makes me laugh that you were kicking some big time booty in the basketball game. Work hard and keep it up!

Jenna and dating.... weird.... I don't like it at all....

I hear from Kellie often so ya. Kellie, your letters make me laugh almost every time. I sent you a response, did you get it!?

Katie BUG - HEY I haven't heard from you, missy, in quite a while! But thank you for the card that you sent me a while ago it made me laugh :)

Mom/Dad - Ya'll sound like things are going well with this here marathon (Outside of trying to picture Dad running more than about 100 yards at a fast pace, it's pretty cool; no offense Pop ;) hahaha!)

SO ya! I have had a wild week up here in 평택 and it has been a great experience! We have been working way hard and have seen some great success. SO ya.

Let me first start off by telling you about the awesome time I have had this week 전도'ing..... We have found 5 investigators this week.... 4 of them we found through 전도.... 4 of them (3 of the 전도 ones) we commited to a baptismal date on our first visit..... SO. Plus we met a really cool kid last night on our way home who was WAY legit. I talked to him and he said that he would like to hear more about our church! SO I have really come to like 전도'ing. I really have a lot of faith in it. It only takes persistence and diligence. It was WAY cool last week and I don't really know what exactly we did. We just did it and somehow it worked :)

So anywho in terms of a Korean mission that was the miracle for the week. It was nuts! We are doing really well and just had an amazing week (4 dates in a week is unheard of but we now gotta get them coming to church and this week, pulling a similar capacity of week is almost impossible (we are goin to 대전 today for Zone conference early so I can fix Sister Furniss's computer and then zone conference and a big mission training by our stake and then on Wednesday we are on splits, so I won't get back to my area to work until Thursday and that'll be late. But ya! So we will be in heavy need of your prayers so ya! It has been just great. I love it here. I love being able to serve in 2 wards (well... a ward and a branch...) but it feels like 2 wards and it is just awesome!

Lately, the thing that I am working on out here is following the Spirit. I feel like we can have the Spirit with us a TON but if we don't recognize it it's kinda hard... SO I have been kinda working on following the Spirit and I just had a thought. I remember that thing that Mom gave me that says: "When you have the Spirit:" and has that list of all the things that happen when you have the Spirit. One of the things is "you are confident and happy to be alive."  I have really noticed that a lot this transfer. I have gained a lot of confidence since coming to 평택. I am not scared to speak to people, in fact at all (although reading scriptures in 한글 in sacrament meeting is a different story. That I am absolutely terrified of although I did... it was just slow....) I love speaking Korean. I love talking about the gospel. I love just being this outgoing person. It's FUN! And it's great. I will meet people on the street who will tell me all the time "You are so optimistic... it's kinda cool." SO YA. I definitely know that that little bit is a change being wrought in me by my Heavenly Father. Because that is not the Josh that left on his mission 7 months ago (today in fact. I am wearing the tie too! It is very 멋있다 :)) So yes. I am a happy guy these days.

I was reading in the scriptures the other day and I read Alma 22:18. It is a great scripture. I thought about that in my life and in the lives of my investigators and how key that scripture is. "O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day." I especially love the "I will give away all my sins to know thee." I thought about how if I am expecting to see miracles in my missionary work HOW ON EARTH am I supposed to get them if I am not willing to be EXACTLY obedient. And I guess it gets harder and harder (because of the natural man and all) but ya! King Lamoni was willing to give away all of his sins just to know that God Exists. Much less have the power and courage to change the heart of a person or any of those hard things! So ya in light of that Mom I made the request I did at the beginning of the email. I will be writing a lot of letters today! Namely to those who's emails I have yet to respond to. SO ya!

I love ya'll so much remember this: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." -Isaiah 41:10 (aka My Favorite scripture). God is right there waiting to help. We need only ask and he will be there for us. Develop that relationship with him. Seek his guidance. He will give it :)

예수 그리스도의 이름으로 말씀합니다. 아멘.

사랑해! LOVE YA!
Elder JOSH Crowther (I have to capitalize the JOSH because I haven't been called that in such a long time it's weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment