Monday, April 16, 2012

Another fun week in the area of 평택 [Pyeongtaek]

Well, hello there familia! I certainly hope that it has been a fun week! I heard that you all did some paintball and I cannot begin to explain to you exactly how jealous that I am. It is not fair, I have never been and I really wanna go! Hahah!

But ya it has been a pretty dang good week here on the mission. We had all sorts of crazy happenings! It was a good time.

This week actually, however, did not start out for me in this area, I went on a split to the city of 안성 [Anseong]. So I spent the day there with a new Elder by the name of Elder Atkin. He is new in the mission and it was really quite interesting for me! It hit me exactly how much I had progressed since my transfer. Not only in Korean but just as a missionary and everything. It was definitely an eye opener for me. 

Then this week we had combined district meeting with our zone and also up in 수원 [Suwon] (actually in my old ward building is where we met :)) and then we had President Interviews! So what an interesting time it has been for me. I have actually been out on my mission to the point where I have had 3 interviews with President outside of my entrance interview into the mission. Kinda blows my mind a little bit. It was a really good interview with President, I really enjoyed it.

One of the things that I have been doing of late (this might surprise some of you) but I have been reading the New Testament. I started in Matthew the other day and have been plugging along. I have been trying to figure out how I can be more like Christ and so I figured what better way to do so than by studying His teachings to the people of Jerusalem. 

I have gotta say it has been an interesting time. But I have learned something cool that I'd like to share. So as I have read in the New Testament the overwhelming theme that I have discovered is faith. I am only in Mark and it has been such an eye opener to me exactly how powerful and required faith is. 

In Mark chapter 9 it talks about a father whose son has a devil. The man brings him to Christ and says this:

 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things areapossible to him that bbelieveth.
 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine aunbelief.
Wow, it is such a crazy thing to me. All things are possible to him that believeth. If we have faith, anything is possible. And the even cooler thing I think is portrayed in the Finding Faith in Christ video. It has this part in it, and the father comes up and is all confidently: Lord, I believe. Then it pans over to Christ who looks at him again with somewhat of a questioning look, and then the father says: Help thou mine unbelief. Christ then takes and heals the child and casts the devil out.

What a blessing that is. Christ is gonna prove us. He is going to try our faith. BUT he is also willing to stand by us, and "help our unbelief." How awesome is that. Christ loves us so much, I am so thankful to him for that. As I have read the New Testament so far I have really been touched by the teachings of Christ. He was so pure, he was so bold, he was perfect. He was an example to me of how to teach, he is an example to everyone of how to love. He's awesome. He's my Savior :).

So ya, I thought that was cool :). But anywho as to our 구도자.... Our Baptismal date unfortunately dropped. We haven't been able to get in contact with 박전욱 of late but he isn't responding. SO... ya.... it's okay though because we found some other investigators who are awesome! They have a lot of potential (a few of them) so now we just need to keep meeting with them! It'll be good!

As to me, I'm just working on Humility. I am discovering every day exactly how much pride I have and so I gotta get over it. I guess Christ wasn't kidding when he said in Ether: "If men come unto me I will SHOW unto them their weakness." He wasn't kidding. believe me. But I am just hoping that I will get better through it all. Weaknesses..... dangit I have a lot...... Oh well. Line upon line, precept on precept right? I certainly hope so.

As for all of you yahoos back at home I hope all is going well. I gotta say It is hilarious to get to brag about my sisters (and my parents of course). It makes me laugh, especially serving in an American Branch some of the members squirm in their seats when they hear that one of my sisters (Jenna, you'll laugh) is 6' Tall. It makes me laugh. It is great. I love ya'll so much. You make a big brother/son proud :). Hope ya'll have an AWESOME week! Love ya'll tons!

Elder Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment