Sunday, May 20, 2012

Welcome back to 수원!!!

Ya...... so it has been a pretty stinking legit week. We have had some crazy rides I have got to say. But ya, I love it. I love the mission it is so good! My companion's name is 이가하 장로님 He is from the wonderful land of 일산 and ya. It is pretty stinking good.

Anywho back to the missionary work. So this week was VERY BUSY. We had stake conference as well as having Elder Don R. Clarke of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy come and visit us here in the little old 대전 선교부 and I will talk about that a little bit more in just a second.

As to our week with the 구도자's and stuff.... it was SO cool! Wahhhhhh, we set 3 baptismal dates this week with 3 of our investigators who are so prepared. They are doing so good, they are understanding and one of them straight up told us "I want to get baptized but I want to make sure that I'm doing it sincerely, it's a special thing I think." SO he is so cool. Love him so much.

Anywhos it has been a busy week for me especially, I have been trying to figure out how to do this whole Assistant Zone Leader type thing and it has been odd. But I am working on it. It comes slowly I think but I am slowly (but surely) learning how to do it. Like I've talked about SO much it isn't exactly a comfortable thing to progress and stuff but it is required. So you get over it and keep going right?

As to the mission tour and Elder Clarke coming. WAUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! It was sooooo cool. It was amazing like just being in his presence. The entire room was like tangibly different and better, the Spirit was there so SOOOO strong! But ya as to how the meeting went: He beasted us. SO HARD. Like I've never been beasted so hard in my entire life.... WOW. He totally got after us about fixing Korea and getting people back into
activity. He talked about some things and told us to get it done. I also discovered that I need to stop saying "yup" - I had to say "yes sir" (He established that as a rule and it was hard) goodness gracious. But the trainings that he gave us were SOOOOOO good. We learned so much, and I think that Sister Furniss should have posted on the blog the different pictures that she took during the thing (we weren't allowed to bring our Cameras) so ya.............

It was so good to say the least. I thoroughly enjoyed Elder Clarke and I am planning on being a better missionary because of what he taught us!

As to the cool thing that I liked in my study this week, it had to of come in today's study actually. I was reading in King Benjamins speach in Mosiah and it was just the best. How it talks about the Joy that the people experience after they had repented. I loved it so much. It is so cool that as we keep trying to do this "Endure to the End" thing. That God has blessed us with that Joy, that peace that comes from being able to say "I have repented" I really loved that. It was a good study this morning.

I love the Gospel, I know it's true, I know that God lives and He loves us, He will bless us as we try to follow him and I know that to be the truth. I have seen it so much as a missionary not only in my life but the lives of others that I have been able to teach as well! I love the mission it is such a blessing to me!

Take care and I will talk to you all next week!~

Elder Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment