Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wow... 진짜!

Well, hello there people sitting at home... how are you doing? What's the weather like? What's school like? Are you all dead from running so stinking much? I mean seriously, you are getting a spot on the news because you run... that's not cool cause I'm fat and out of shape.....(WHICH by the way I am working on fixing..... I have started running on the treadmill in the mornings. I did almost 3k in 12ish minutes this morning which was cool because I haven't run in a while..... so ya!)

Sounds like that is definitely a crazy old week in the crazy young family full of just downright crazy people.... 아싸!!!!

So yes, I was going to include some pictures in this email BUT I realized I did not take any pictures this week.... I did take a video of me and those in my house bench pressing one another BUT... too big to send home.... SO sorry. But to make up for it I have a surprise! I found a way to get some stuff home to ya'll! So I will send home my old memory card (MTC through my 3rd transfer) and that has about 1000'ish pics SO I hope you enjoy that. I don't know when exactly you will get it but one of the members in the American Branch here lives above the temple and she is going back there on Wednesday, so I will make it a point to get some stuff in her suitcases that is homeward bound (she offered so I will take her up on it!)

Alrighty, so lets talk about my week shall we? Well, first let me find out about my week. *Erghm....* (pulls out planner) ALRIGHT.

So this week we did a lot of visiting Less Actives (because 90% of the members here in Korea are the aforementioned state, it is a good thing to do...) BUT they weren't home a lot. So we visited them and talked with people on the street as we went to and fro and yes. We didn't have a whole lot of lessons we could teach but we did get a couple lessons this week and it was pretty cool.

One of the people we have been trying to get reactivated is named 문성수. He is this cool guy in our ward and we actually were able to get him to come to church on Sunday! Well, at least sacrament, BUT we will take our victories where we can get them.... He is an interesting fellow, for example: LAST week as well, he said that he would come to church....BUT he missed... WHy you might ask? Well, he was in 인천 at an exorcism....he's very into the "supernatural" if you will. SO we are trying to get him reading the Book of Mormon and praying again and it has been quite a task. He's a fun guy, way nice, but a little stubborn. We will keep working on him though. He also has a WoW problem but we are working with him one step at a time. That'll have to come later, but it's funny just because we were walking with him to sacrament meeting and he was like "go ahead! I'll be just a second...." we are both thinking "NO you are RIGHT IN FRONT of the church. JUST COME IN." But ya he was like "I need to go smoke real quick..." So we waited while he smoked and then we went and got him into sacrament meeting. I sat by him and started to get a headache from the fumes (which is probably from that and also the unpredicted spontaneous waking up in the middle of the night for NO apparent reason.... been going on for a while now. If ya'll could pray that I could get a full night of sleep that'd be appreciated)

But yes. That is him. He's a way cool guy way nice. Just a little confused/stubborn (he actually said so himself) so ya! If you could keep him in your prayers that'd be awesome (for those of you who can't read 한글 (family you better be able to by now I've been here for 8 months) that is pronounced Moon Sung Soo).

So ya! That is the highlight of the week pretty much, not very eventful but ya. Well. we actually did have one other experience this week. On Friday morning we got a call from one of the members in the American branch and he wanted us to come meet this Jehovah's Witness guy who has been coming over to his house and trying to convert him to J-Dub'ism (very common here for some reason, at least if they don't live on the base).... So we went over and talked with this guy and he had a BUNCH of questions and all. So we just basically spent some time answering questions. But it really opened my mind to just how much confusion there is about the church all over the world. It is amazing how much misinformation is out there. He thought that we were like soldiers, that we got like a severance package when we got home and didn't have to do anything because we served a mission. Also it is just dumb how people just try to find everything that is wrong with our church (for example, he asked us if our leaders when they go to different contries fly economic or buisness class..... just to then point out that every single time one of THEIR leaders went someplace they flew economic class because you know that's just the thing you have to do if you wanna be a good person). It is just weird.

Anywho, I have been reading in the Book of Mormon a LOT lately (in fact, I have a goal to finish it this week) and it is just CRAZY. I have learned so much, I love the BoM it is so cool to read. I am actually reading right now in 3 Nephi where Christ is teaching the people. It has been a pleasure to read about Christ and learn about His life. I wanna be more like Him. I wanna know Him better, I have recently come to a realization of the fact that I don't know Him nearly as well as I would like to. SO I will be studying a LOT more. I'm excited.

It has been a crazy time here in Korea and as I am sitting here in the email place there is a really cute dog sitting right next to me and I kinda want to pet it. It is so small. AHHHHH so cute. Wow........ my bad haha.

I will try and send some letters home with this lady that's headed home so I will look forward to hearing from ya'll next week!

Love you tons, remember that the church is true. The Book of Mormon is God's word. He lives, He loves us. He knows our weaknesses but has promised that if we will take our weaknesses and go to Him, He will make them strengths. I have found a lot of comfort in that especially of late. I pray for ya every day. I hope that you will remember that God lives and will help you on condition that you ask. Please ask, be the person God wants to help you be. It's so much easier than doing what I did. Just listen, be obedient, have the courage to do it even
when it's hard (that one is more for me than for you but ya :))

Love ya'll,
Elder Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment