Monday, August 13, 2012

Wow another week in the 대전 office!!

Dear Family!!

It has been an eventful week here in the office. I am progressively learning how to do everything with all the financial stuff so life is getting easier and easier every day. I swear I am gonna go crazy next transfer when the new senior couple comes cause i'm gonna have so little to do! But ya.

This week we met with 성충모 and it was really awesome but unfortunately we weren't able to meet with him the rest of that week. He did come to church and all which was good and it turns out that he has more concerns than he was letting on about so me and elder 구 are gonna work with him. Hopefully we will be able to get him baptized here soon. He has just lived a hard life and found peace in Buddhism. So getting him to realize that there can be peace found in Christ as well is hard. We are hoping that he will grasp that soon enough. Keep praying for him he needs it!

But ya other than that this week to be honest was pretty normal. My 9-5 time is kept pretty busy whether it is frantically working on getting things done or studying and trying to get better at Korean and be a better teacher is all going well. I am finding that I like studying a lot. Like a lot! I have recently been using on the computer (cause I'm one of the few missionaries in the mission that is allowed to do this) a program called Anki. It is a flashcard program that you can just study and it has been such a blessing. I am able to study Korean as well as scriptures and things like that all while being in the office OR with Elder 구's MP3 it has a mobile App that I have been using as well. 

This week however we are getting into our groove as missionaries again and it was really nice. We got out to 전도 the other day and we just went and it felt so good. I just got into the groove and was going and talking to everyone and it was the best. I love being a missionary. It truly is a blessing. I had an interesting experience this week in which Dad was actually there! And so that was nice but anyway we were doing something and Dad asked me what I had learned on my mission. So when I woke up it really stuck with me (as you can tell this happened early this week and I am still telling you about it!) but anyway I took some time that day in my personal study time to go over some of the things that I have learned on my mission and it truly was a good study. i have progressed and come so far on my mission. It has been so good! recently I have started a little bit more detailed study of the Christlike attributes (because I am very VERY 부족하다) so ya. Last week I worked on humility (because that was what the attribute test said I needed to work on and all) and this week because of Zone conference I am doing Obedience. It has been a blessing to try and be more and more obedient. Ya, it's hard. I'm not even gonna lie. But it is so worth it! I love it because it brings the spirit. And I'm not kidding about that.

This week speaking of which I wanted to tell you about one lesson that we had with a less active by the name of 김청수. We had a fun time with him playing catan and then afterwards we shared a spiritual thought. We were sharing Elder Holland's message that he gave at the last general conference about the parable of the vineyard. We Read the last two paragraphs of the thing after which we started talking about covenants. All of a sudden I got the feeling that I needed to start talking about the temple. So I did. I talked about the awesome blessings that we can receive there and the amazing spirit that is always in the temple. All of a sudden the spirit in the room changed. He totally opened up to us and told us about his concerns and things and it was just absolutely awesome! We have some work to do now but It was such a good lesson and I was so glad that I followed the spirit because it made all the difference! Gah it was so good!!!

I truly know that God is guiding this work. I am beginning to realize that the price that we have to pay is obedience. If we are obedient we invite miracles. We invite the spirit to be our constant companion. And let me tell you no one can do this work without the spirit. Trust me I have tried to teach by my learning. It doesn't work. But when we teach by the spirit. We change peoples hearts. It's the truth. God lives. He loves us. Christ truly did the Atonement and through him we can return back to our Father in Heaven. They are guiding this work. It is not easy. Not at all. But the Joy that the Gospel brings is unexplainably real. I know it's true! I say this in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment