Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wow.... this week was.... nuts.... 피곤....자고 싶어....NOT!!!

hahaha Hello there family! It has been an absolutely crazy week here in the office and I just was going absolutely nuts. We were so explainably busy It was insane. Just absolutely insane.

Anyways this week was Zone Conference week and so because of that we were just crazy busy in and of itself. BUT like I said we had a new member to our companionship last week: Elder Jarnagin. Boy, let me tell ya. We had a good week.

We started off with making a couple trips to the hospital. We were at the hospital/physical therapy/acupuncture/etc almost every day getting one treatment or another. It was really crazy. I learned a whole lot about the hospitals here and just how nice it is here (medical stuff is so cheap and we went to the acupuncture place like three times and there was never any charge just because we have a good relationship with the member who works there. It was way cool. But I did however get a little light headed at seeing him shove all the needles in him.... also he did this suction thing that was really gross that I was just like "alright no more I am gonna go sit down... Elder 구 go translate" and ya. Some crazy experiences at the hospital (one being that when we went there to get physical therapy and all that stuff that we just kinda went and said give us therapy and they pulled some strings and did it, way legit you have no idea!).

But ya this weeks rays of sunshine (there were two this week) were our two investigators 성충모 and 황준영. Probably two of the coolest people ever. Both of whom have a desire to be baptized and we are working on getting them prepared to go. I especially have been loving teaching 황준영. He is an absolute stud when it comes to the Book of Mormon. He reads every day. EVERY single day. And he always has thoughts or comments or some way that he can get the message/principles that are being taught in the chapter and understand/apply them. He is so cool! SO we just keep teaching him and we have lately been teaching all the lessons just through the Book of Mormon with him because it is just so good! He understands and it seems like he is really trying to find out if this is the right thing for him to do or not. It is quite the miracle to see it in action to be honest I really love it, we don't have to say or expound very much at all. We just read the BoM and bear testimony of it with him and he just gets it! It is absolutely the best.

The other beam was 성충모. He has been such a stud and has come out to church the last 3 weeks. Even though he hasn't been able to make it to all of sacrament once yet (he's so close though I have got to say). He is such an honest and good man. He has a concern about the Word of Wisdom. Not because he is an addict but just because if he is going to commit to do something he wants to commit to something that he knows that he can do 100%. He doesn't want to make any mistakes there. Which is so awesome. We are meeting with him and he has been coming out to church lately which has been absolutely wonderful and I feel like if we teach him right and if we have the spirit with us when we teach that he will really feel like he can do it. He is such a good guy. So humble and is willing to learn. I love working with him it truly is a pleasure to me. 

So this week I two experiences that I wanted to share. The first was really powerful to me and just made me glad that I am in the awesome companionship of priesthood holders that I am. Sister Furniss at the beginning of this week was truly sick and by tuesday she was not feeling or looking very good at all. We had decided to take her to the hospital that day but she said she would try and give it one more day before we went. So we did. And when we woke up the next morning we got a call from Sister Furniss saying that we needed to get to the hospital that she wasn't feeling good at all. So we went over to her house and she was all ready to go. But before we went she asked if we would give her a blessing. Now to be honest that is the first blessing that I have given since I came to the mission field. I really was preparing and was praying for the spirit to be with us as Elder 구 annointed her with oil and then I gave her a blessing. I totally believe that I was guided by the spirit to say the things that I said. Coincidentally this week I had listened to a couple talks about the priesthood and using it and I really had a lot of faith that the blessing would work. So we gave her a blessing and then took her to the hospital. They went in and gave her an IV to get her some nutrients (she hadn't eaten anything substancial in like 8 days) it ended up that me and Elder Jarnagin went back to the Office while Elder 구 stayed with her to translate. So as we left I just was praying and praying and about lunch time that day I got a call from Elder 구 and they were on their way back! When they got here Sister Furniss looked so much better. She was feeling better and over the last couple of days she has had an amazing recovery. I don't know if she is all the way better or if she has still got a way to go. But the thing that I do know is that God truly blessed her. Not only that but she truly recovered just as I had pronounced in the blessing I gave her. She had been in bed for like 6 days and the next day she was back up and at it. It truly was amazing. I really have a testimony of the priesthood. It is real. It is the power of God. If we are worthy. If we are ready. God will use us to bless his children.

The second experience I had was with the Book of Mormon this week. I finished it again this week and had some time to test Moroni 10:4-5 again. As I was reading the Book of Mormon Liahona a couple weeks ago I read the part about how to get your answer from Heavenly Father. It's like a "How-to: Get answers from God" type of thing way cool! But anyway I did as Moroni says. I thought about the Book of Mormon. thought about what it teaches the things that I have learned and seen come true in my life. I then got on my knees and asked God in prayer just a simple question: Is the Book of Mormon true? There was a pause and then just the sweetest peace came into my heart. It was there and it just stayed there with me the rest of that morning. I loved it. I love the Book of Mormon. I love the Gospel. I love God. I love the Spirit. Truly I testify that God lives. That he has restored his church on the earth today, and this is that church. I know it.

Don't forget it :)

I love you all so much. Hope that it was a good summer. It is crazy to think that summer is already over. We were sitting in staff meeting the other day doing some planning and all of a sudden we were talking about something that happens around my year in country mark (October 10) and I just was like... "what the heck....time can't be going this fast can it???" It was just nuts.

Hope ya'll have an awesome week. Girls starting a new school year. You are all getting smarter and bigger and it is just so cool to watch. I love it :) Mom is still keeping up with the girls somehow (cause she's legit????) and Dad is no longer a pirate (you have no idea how happy I was that he was growing a beard). But hey. We are all still going and let me tell you. I love you all tons :)

Take care, look forward to hearing from you soon!
Love,
Elder Josh  

No comments:

Post a Comment