Sunday, August 26, 2012

Seriously Miracle Week

Wow, It was an amazing week. Like I can't even begin to explain it, it was so awesome. But now that I think of it most of the miracles happened between Wednesday to Sunday. 

But ya let me tell you about them....

So first of all on Wednesday we met with 성충모 and he asked about baptism again. So we went over all of the different commandments and stuff to see if he was ready or not and then we told him we would schedule an interview. So we did. It was on that Friday. So we went a couple of days, just called him and stuff and then Friday rolled around. So we had the baptismal interview and it turns out...... HE PASSED!

So we got the 침례식 all prepared and it was awesome. He had such a good baptism. He was visibly happier afterwards. Although he still has a long way to go (he has a lot of things he just doesn't know but he's humble and said he wants to learn more) I am confident he will make it. We have one of the members in our ward who will take really good care of him and that'll be such a blessing. But I did get a chance to baptize him so I got to bust out the baptism clothes and it truly was an awesome experience. He is such a good man. Love him. We then got the opportunity then next day in sacrament meeting to confirm him a member of the church and give him the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so good! Gah!!! 

It was also awesome because on the day that I went to the baptism, before we did I get a friendly visit from one of the coolest people in the country! 황성규 (I baptized him in 첨단) had his day off from 군대 and just happens to be stationed in 대전! So he called us and him and his Mom (who Elder 구 actually got a chance to work with and see her baptized) met us and took us out for lunch! Ahhhh it was SO good! The food was good too, but I missed them soooooo much! It was so good to see them and get to talk to them and it was just such a blessing. It truly was a day of miracles for me. It was hilarious 황성규b and I just were talking and it was just like "is this real??" it was so cool. So awesome to see him. He looks like a stud in his military uniform too, he has a hat and everything (see the attached pics). But it was such a blessing to me. Loved it.

But ya, it was just an awesome week. I can't remember a whole lot besides that but it really was an awesome experience to get to be here last week. I really appreciated it and I am thankful to my Father in Heaven for the opportunity that I had to be here serving in this area at this time this week.

I also got your package that you sent me! I really loved the pictures of ya'll at Lake Powell (although I am really jealous). It's good to see pictures of all of you in your "natural environment". It is fun.

I do indeed love hearing about all the fun stuff going on at home. I love it, it's so fun. I hope all of you had an AWESOME time this week (definitely looks like it) and I look forward to hearing from you next week. Remember that this gospel is true. Love ya'll, hope you remember that!

Love
Elder Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment