Sunday, April 21, 2013

HEY, guess who is alive after one more week!

So ya, I am alive. This week was just stressful for me to be honest but here I am. It's been an alright week with a surprisingly good ending!

This week we just got out and tried to find. But ya, it's not working. Finding is hard, goodness. We are doing a lot of 가가호호 (knocking on doors) but ya. I don't know if I have told you this but it is hard to knock on doors in Korea. Most areas of the world people are like "I got so many doors slammed in my face I can't take it!" I'm like "DUDE WE TOTALLY HAD 3 PEOPLE OPEN THE DOOR TODAY... YA NONE OF THEM LISTENED AND THEY ALL SLAMMED THE DOOR BUT STILL!!!!" ya. 보닌의 관점의 차이죠. It's funny because I am just thinking to myself "hey at least you see a high percentage of the people who slam the door in your face."

anywho. Ya we are just trying to get some finding going while still teaching the investigators that we have! The ones that we do have are progressing so that is good, hopefully this week we will see some big jumps.

This week we also had Zone Conference. It was a good meeting and I am now liberated from training for a long time which is a relief. We are just plugging along I guess. Our zone needs to find some more prepared people. The ones that we have aren't quite ready yet so pray for us here!

I have recently been changing one of my focuses. I have always been a Obedient/Diligent missionary (or so I feel) but that is one of the things that I am preaching to the Zone of late. My Greenie Elder Miller said it the best: "If we work hard and are obedient, we will see miracles." TRUE

I have to elaborate on that because not only that but "If we work hard and are obedient, we will see miracles, AND we will be happy." TRUE. People don't begin to fathom the changes that the mission can have on you if you just give 100%. Sure it's hard, I struggle to do it every day. But it's living the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we are preaching to people that makes it possible. We have faith in Christ, we repent when we make mistakes, we partake of the sacrament, and get the spirit. Then we continue to endure and do it Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

That's what this is all about. Becoming like Christ. Preparing ourselves to receive the blessings that God has planned for us as his "heirs" (as I was reading your email, Mom, I saw this scripture that Grandpa used. I use it a lot too. Most people don't believe that we can become like God so I use it a lot to help them see that the apostles taught the same principles).

I want to share an experience that I had with you this week that I thought was really cool. I was on a bus (we were just taking the bus to talk to some people) and I said hello to this guy. We started talking and he asked if I was a missionary. I of course answered in the affirmative and he asked from which church. I responded 예수 그리스도 후기 성도 교회 and after a little bit more discussion he realized that we were also known as the 모르몬교. SO he was like: I have questions for you. Do you have some time? My little missionary mind is just thinking : WAHOO!O!!!!!!!! LES DO THIS!!!!!! and so we go sit down and start talking. He starts asking all these questions and then all of a sudden he starts to kinda "preach." I have had bad experiences with Bible Bashing (it's really hard in Korean) so I didn't want to get into that so we kinda talked and agreed on a few things and then I got a chance to start talking a little bit about our beliefs. I was just so happy because as I started to talk I literally knew EXACTLY what to say (you know how God like promises us that we will know in the very hour, yea the very moment what we shall say. Ya he wasn't kidding there either). As we started talking I was just guided to ask questions that made him think. His attitude when we started talking was "I'm going to teach these kids a lesson." As we talked more and more I taught the gospel in a way that I have never taught it before. I literally got to live the promise that God gave when he said "we will not be confounded before men." As we talked I was able to bear my testimony and challenge this man to get a testimony of his own of the things I had talked about (primarily the Priesthood and the Restoration of the Gospel). He accepted the offer as well as a Book of Mormon, a Restoration Pamphlet, gave me his phone number and as I called again a couple days later, we are planning on meeting some time this week. 

I was just so glad for the scriptures. So glad for this complete and flawless Gospel that Heavenly Father has given to us. We have to know it. We have to "feast upon the Words of Christ" but truly as we do, it all makes sense. It really does all make sense. You can't deny this because it's from God. 

I testify that this Church is true. From the bottom of my heart. God loves us and has restored His true church to the earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 즉 예수 그리스도 후기 성도 교회. It's true.

Love it.

I love you all too! It's so good to hear that you are all doing well and staying busy. Jenna is setting a huge example for me as far as college and providing for oneself goes so I am going to be needing some work when I get back. but ya. Anywho.

I am so excited to see all of you soon! I have told a couple of the members that I am really close with that you are all coming and have some people ready to see you! It's exciting. I don't know what all we are going to do so ya'll just make the Itinerary and I'll just modify the parts that need to be changed :)

Love you all tons. I hope you all know that. Love the gospel and I hope you do too :)

Take care!
LOVE,
Josh (크라우더 장로)

Ya I know you only get to see one side of my face. I don't know why I do that weird. anywho enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment