Sunday, March 10, 2013

This weeks email! And some random rantings from this mornings study.

Good morning family!

Well, it is morning'ish for me and for the rest of ya'll it really just isn't so ya but anyways how are you doing?

I am having such a good day. I had a great study this morning and I am just excited for the upcoming week. But last week as far as actual missionary work went and all it was pretty rough. We had a comparatively rough week. In comparison to the other weeks we have had here it has been hard. But ya!

However there were some highlights:

Mission Tour! This week Elder Koichi Aoiagi of the Second Quorum of the Seventy came and visited our mission and because I am a Zone Leader I got an interview with him! It was really simple, nothing too crazy but ya it felt good to get to talk with someone so amazing. Not only that but I got a hug haha. Seventies are really nice :). Then we had the meeting and it was crazy, I was really stressed because I get there and all of a sudden out of nowhere I got asked to do some translation for the meeting. 

I have to tell you that translating really REALLY stresses me out. I have problems regurgitating the words and the things that I hear in English, but that is the kind of translating that I always end up doing. But anyways this week was really special. Elder Aoiagi spoke in Japanese which got translated into Korean and then I translated the Korean into English. I gained quite a bit of confidence in my Korean abilities because I felt like I provided a pretty high quality translation. I wasn't listening to it so I don't know for sure but it was a really good confidence booster. Then in addition to that we had the opportunity to do a practice teaching (Me and Elder Driggs) in front of everyone and it was amazing the spirit that was there. We just had to pick a principle of the gospel, share it and a scripture about it (I am really good at this now) and so we used Joshua 1:9. The spirit was thick in the air as we bore testimony of God and His love for us. 

But I think the part that was the most special was in the after meeting when we met with Elder Aoiagi and his wife. The meeting got done and Sister Aoiagi came up and told us that she has never seen her husband be brought to tears like that before. And that because of that she was sure that our missionaries are well trained and will succeed. It was really special I have got to tell you. That is one of the things that I have the firmest testimony about is God and His love for us. It is amazing to me just how amazing it is and just how real it is. I love God and know that he looks out for us. 

But the hard part of it all is that it wasn't only our area but our whole zone that had a hard week. It was a challenging week. One of those weeks were you definitely learn something new and grow to become better. 

As I was thinking this morning about how I could help our Zone get back on the horse and keep going strong again I came to thinking about a statement in chapter 1 of PMG: "As your understanding of the Atonement grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase." So I am very excited because I am going to give a training on the Atonement which means: I am going to have an AWESOME week. Any week where you have to try as much as you can to understand and apply the Atonement is going to be a good week. I am already excited. I plan on having a good training next week.

But ya! That's that. Things with 장영준 are going amazing. He got ordained to the office of Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and is doing awesome. I love him he's the best! But unfortunately he is at school right now and I can't text him. Blah... 

Glad to hear about all the exciting things going on at home! Jenna is going up to college with me........ weird..... but hey I am excited because now I have JENNA to correct my English papers! WOOHOO!!! Hahahahha, I might scare her out of coming up to school with me if I keep this up. You read my emails, you are gonna have a great time trying to help me out haha. Nah, it's gonna be so fun. I'm excited to be perfectly honest, It's gonna be a fun adventure!

Kellie + Dating..... I don't know if I am okay with that..... Jenna was nice to me and just didn't and Kellie........gosh...... I don't know what to do with you missy. haha. Congratulations though Kellie! You are turning 16! That's crazy. I remember when I turned 16. We were at Lake Powell. I went on my first date with Daniella. haha, she's now married and all but fun memories.

Alissa! You are such a beast haha. It just makes me laugh and laugh to hear about all the sports that you are doing. It makes me smile every time! You are just this little athlete all of a sudden and it makes me happy. I hope things are going good for you. Remember though sis, stay in shape. Trust me. Oh man, this week was horrible, I went to a service thing where we did farming and man, did I work hard. So we get all done and because we are way out in the countryside we go to a school and played soccer with the people that came. When I got done I felt like I was going to die. I am still sore. I hurt haha. But I'll get in shape eventually.

Katie! She is just a basketball playing little Trumpeteer! It makes me smile to think of you playing that trumpet that is just funny! But the fact that you are good at it is even better. I hope you keep that up and become awesome at it. I regret more and more these days dropping the piano. With my companion being a choral conducting major and an absolute genius when it comes to anything musical I am just jealous. Keep it up! Don't stop!

Mom + Dad: I just wanna say thank you. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for all that you have done to take care of me! I have been so blessed to have you both helping me out. I am indeed excited to have the blessings of a family in the gospel. It makes my life so much easier. It makes my life so much better. I am doing better now and I can just feel the difference and I know it is because of you. You both help me in so many ways. But especially to know that you are praying for me and to look back and see how my week was effected by your prayers is just another testimony to me. I thank you both tons. 

Other: This is just weird but I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking just a little bit about my future (seeing how my future is no longer so distant anymore I figured that might be wise of me). I want to try and go into Penetration Testing. I actually did know about that before I came out and all but it was just kind of a project I started with Uncle Aaron. He told me about the White Hacker, Black Hacker thing and from that I just kinda got started on some experimenting. I wanna actually try and do something with that but because of that I will need my major in Computer Science to come from BYU. I need the skillset that they can give down there BUT I need more than just a Programming Background. I need a lot of Networking experience to be effective and one of the guys that I have met on my mission in the 평택 ward majored in IT and actually does some basic Ethical hacking and all and said that the experience that he has had as a network admin helped him tons. SO I have a lot of school ahead of me is what I am getting to. I will have to do some more looking but that is at least the plan. Either that Or do like a masters at BYU and just get a Bachelors in CS at BYU-I or something along those lines. I am not sure. Just some initial thinking. Mom if you were interested in looking at the Major Paths for me as well (Both at BYU-I and BYU) that'd be awesome. And Dad if you were bored and wanted to talk with some of the security guys at Novell and see what kinda experience and stuff they considered invaluable that could be really helpful. But ya. Just some initial thought. I need to do something Computer Related is my thought but I don't know if I want to do programming. BUT I like Hacking. It's fun. It's a challenge to me. So I think that might be a good 도전 for now. Anywho. LOVE ya'll tons and tons. Have an awesome weekend and I look forward to hearing from you next week!

I have a movie to send you. I don't have any Pictures just videos from a Fellowshipping party we had so I will see what I can do about sending those!

No comments:

Post a Comment