Sunday, March 24, 2013

Transfer Calls have once again come!!

Dear Family!

Transfer Calls have once again came around and things are going good! This week we were able to do some more finding and I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE 전주. Our ward mission leader here has pretty much committed to being our guide for when ya'll come to get me and it was just a good week in 전주. 

We had a lot of interesting experiences this week but as far as things go we are just all in all working hard meeting people teaching the gospel and Helping people come to Christ! It has been an absolute treat to serve here.

Unfortunately though like I mentioned transfer calls are here again and Elder Driggs is getting transfered (if I don't get transfered in 6 weeks I will be here for sure for the rest of my mission). He will be going to 첨단 .ward which if you remember is my greenie area! That was a long stinking time ago but ya! It is exciting because Elder Driggs will get to meet 정은주 and 황성규 if things go well and get to talk about how he baptized their cousin/nephew. Pretty cool eh?

I have been thinking a lot about how to help the zone this week. I have been thinking more and more about what I can do to teach better and I am going to be working on making and revising lesson plans so that not only can I teach the right doctrine but that I can teach it in a way that Korean people will understand. I think that that is the most important thing. You can't just teach the korean people the same as americans. it's 100% different. I don't know what it is going to be like to teach in english (if that ever happens) because the style that I teach is very VERY different.

But ya. 

I officially have 18 weeks left on my mission.... it's kind of sobering to think about and not that I am trunky or anything (please I've seen trunky missionaries) but it is kind of weird. I went on a split with an elder named 박윤기. (San Ha will know him) and ya. He is my oldest friend in the mission. I met him my first day with my trainer and I have been tight with him ever since. We were talking and somehow we got on the topic of our missions almost being over and it was just scary to think about. My mindset has completely changed and it is terrifying to think about doing just the simple things that we have to do in life. Missionary work is just such an all consuming work that it demands your every thought. I mean come on the scripture said "All your heart, might, mind, and strength" outside of that there is nothing. And just the thought of going back to life was to be honest a little intimidating and scary. I dunno. 

But all said I still have 18 weeks and I can do a LOT of good in 18 weeks. Our area is absolutely exploding right now we have investigators coming out our ears and we are looking for just times to meet them all. It's complicated but I think of the complications you can have that is one of the better ones (considering I have been on the flipside and this is much better). I am excited for another new transfer and another new adventure.

This transfer my companions name is Elder Zaleski (for some reason president isn't sending me any more Koreans). I've heard a lot of good about him BUT all in all I will tell you all about him (as well as sending pictures of him) next week. He apparently went to BYU-I as well (is what I heard) so we should have lots of fun stories to share and it'll be interesting to see if we know any of the same people.

Life on the mission is good though. I am just working on becoming a better teacher. Considering the amount of investigators and trainings and things I have to prepare for I am just working on becoming a Christlike teacher. Teach in such a way that people can't "disbelieve my words." Definately a high goal but in the words of a friend quoting a band. "Keep your hopes up high, and your heads down low." Just keep my head down keep working hard and things are going to go well.

My training this week on the Atonement went really REALLY well. I felt the spirit strongly and in talking to people afterwards all of us have that desire to learn more about the atonement and then to work that much harder. It is exciting.

Our zone is getting bigger this transfer. One of the areas is becoming 4 man and the sisters are going to a threesome. So things are going to be much more interesting. That much more missionary work to do I guess. It's good stuff.

I'll just share with you the same testimony that I shared with the Zone this week.

I know that our Savior lives. Jesus Christ, the Son of God lives.He did the unthinkable, he experienced all the horrors that satan could inflict. He died on the cross, and he was resurrected. He extends the offer to all of us: "Come unto me." I have on several occasions felt the Power of the Atonement. I want you to know that the Atonement is real. It's not just something that people talk about. I have felt it. It made me clean. It continues to make me clean. I am not perfect BUT through the Atonement of Christ I can be. We all can be. I am so grateful for that. It is amazing to think about. 

One of my favorite scriptures is Helaman 5:12. It talks about setting Christ as our foundation. As we do that we really can get through anything. 

Love ya'll. Hope you know that. I am so excited to be a missionary. So grateful. I have learned and grown so much. I feel different. I think different. I feel better. I want to be better. I just hope I can continue in that desire.

LOVE you so much. I am excited to see ya'll pretty quick. President did ask me to make sure that Mom and Dad are communicating with Missionary Travel as to our travel plans. There may be some things that I have to do because of the locations that we are going (e.g. I may not be able to wear my nametag in China) but ya. If you could follow up that'd be awesome! And also our ward mission leader (like I said above) is willing to help us out a bit :). He's the best.

Love ya'll tons

Josh (크라우더 장로)

No comments:

Post a Comment