Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another Week in the office (Stress Level: High)

Well, hello there home! It has been a fairly interesting week last week I have got to say. But I have also got to say that my typing speed really is going up!!! WOW It helps so much to be sitting in front of computer all day. Makes things go faster gotta admit.

Anywho. ya it has been a busy week I have been all over the place doing stuff and just ya. It has been nuts. I have been making reports and all sorts of stuff. Ya it is kinda bonkers.

Lets see what all has happened that I really enjoyed this week.... I dunno.... Oh ya TRANSFERS!

That's right it's transfer week this week and I made up the transfers for the entire mission and stuff after president got everything all done and ya!

So I guess that leaves the surprise: I get a new companion! (Booooooo/WAhhhh!!)
내 사랑하는 황장로님 is going to 전주 and going senior! 
And in his stead I am getting elder 구병모 장로님. He is the same mission age as Elder 황 but ya!

it will be an interesting transfer and all. I am excited to see what happens! We should have a good time the two of us as well as being pretty productive with everything. I am slowly figuring out how to get everything done (for example, tonight I have to do a vehicle report that is due tomorrow, I am kinda scared out of my mind) but after I figure things out I usually am able to do pretty well at getting everything all done as well as am able to get some good language study time in. I have really been blessed with a lot of opportunity to study the language (considering also that this is my 3rd consecutive Korean companion AND I am, if I work right, able to get about 1-2 hours of language study time in a day (yes, even though we do a lot I still am finding a way)). It is awesome!

As to the things going on at home it is quite interesting. Alissa is sick out of her mind. Haven't heard much from the other girls (except for Katie Bug who I will write an email to today!) and then Mom and Dad have been writing studs. I love hearing about all the things back at home! So this week I hit my HUMP day so ya. I am now on the downward slide.... weird.... doesn't feel like going down feels like I am just getting to the harder part of the hike. It has been a real learning experience and I am finding out new things about myself every day. Interesting right? I am just beginning to learn about myself. So weird.

But ya I think Dad put it best in his email to me. He asked Do you manage all of the finance, the recording, supplies, transfers, vehicles, apartment management, referrals, health and wellness of the missionaries, etc? So to answer that. Yes I do. But I have to add one thing onto that. Missionary Work. Somehow I try to do all of that and especially this week (transfer week and new missionaries and all) I will be especially busy (hence the subject) But ya. it has been nuts here I gotta say. We actually do have two investigators who are just straight up studs and it is so much fun to meet with them. I really REALLY enjoy meeting with them. One of them has a little more gospel interest than the other but ya they are awesome!

As to this week I really had a good time studying the BoM Liahona/Ensign (whatever you wanna call it) that I got last year. I love the BoM. It is so cool. I have gotten into this habit of lately of actually reading the BoM with my investigators in lessons (I don't know why but I haven't done that for most of my mission.... maybe because reading 한글 is hard (like you have no idea) but I really have come to like it of late. Just pick a chapter that teaches what we want to teach and then read it together and let the Book of Mormon (몰몬경) do the teaching. It makes my life really really nice. Love that Book. We are gonna baptize people with that book if it kills me. 

So I did have one thing that happened to me this week that was interesting that I really need to work on (you know how I told you God shows us our weaknesses? I'm not kidding) I was on the bus one day thinking about how I could be a better missionary (because this week again has been kind of busy) and I all of a sudden had the thought "turn around and tell everyone on this bus about the BoM"....... I thought about it and I just ignored it... again and again and again this thought kept coming to me "just turn around and tell everyone about the BoM"...... and I couldn't do it. I think in my heart of hearts I wanted to but I couldn't get myself to do it. As we got off the bus I was just so sad. The question I kept asking myself was "who am I more afraid of men or God?" and I just couldn't figure out why I didn't. I read something by Elder Eyring that I wanna try and apply he says the following: 

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me and when He returns for His own He will have no problem recognizing me”. 

I really liked this a lot, and that's what I wanna be like. I figure if I can do that... wow... that'd be awesome... that'd be a person worth being. I hope ya'll have that desire to be better too. I know I do. I just have to find the How. I pray for that. I pray to be better. I just gotta find out how.

I hope ya'll know I love you. I hope ya'll know that this church is true. I do. This life truly is a time to prepare. A time to be tested. To see "who's on the lords side." I have some work to do on being 100% but trust me when I say that I know it's gonna be worth it. I pray that God will help me along the way and I know that he will. But it sure ain't gonna be easy. Oh well, guess I just gotta keep on truckin' then eh?

Love you all so much look forward to hearing from ya!
Elder Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment